Texas  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/31/13, 6:23 pm

My father passed away and he didn't have a will or trust for his property. My siblings and I have an heirship affidavit filed in Texas where the property is. Now we are being sued by the mortgage company for monies owed on the property. What can we do? we all have financial hardships and cannot pay what is owed.

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/31/13, 6:35 pm by David Leon

I'm sorry to hear about your father. You all can sell the property and split whatever is left over after the mortgage is paid back. Typically, the mortgage company will cooperate with you on this.

For more information, please visit our website:


Also, please read our disclaimer:


Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

David L. Leon, P.C. 3500 Oak Lawn Ave., Ste. 205 Dallas, TX 75219

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search