Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Texas

Foreclosure help

I have a mortgage with homeq and I recieved a letter on the 19th of june saying that my house was turned over to foreclosure I immiediatly called them and asked them what I can do to resolve this matter. They said as long as I had $3779.34 paid by the 30th they would not foreclose on my house so my mom helped us out and sent thema check. Then today on the 3rd they sent the check back saying that it was not enough to reinstate the loan. On the check it is stamped by them that they recieved it by the 30th. My mother heard the whole conversation when I talked to them. Now they are saying they are going to foreclose even though I had the check there by the 30th and they sent it back. PLEASE HELP!!!

Asked on 7/08/08, 12:45 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cheryl Rivera Smith The Smith Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Foreclosure help

I am afraid that verbal agreements are not enough. You need to quickly talk to the lender and see what can be worked out.

Read more
Answered on 7/08/08, 11:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now