Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Texas

Foreclosure help

I have a mortgage with homeq and I recieved a letter on the 19th of june saying that my house was turned over to foreclosure I immiediatly called them and asked them what I can do to resolve this matter. They said as long as I had $3779.34 paid by the 30th they would not foreclose on my house so my mom helped us out and sent thema check. Then today on the 3rd they sent the check back saying that it was not enough to reinstate the loan. On the check it is stamped by them that they recieved it by the 30th. My mother heard the whole conversation when I talked to them. Now they are saying they are going to foreclose even though I had the check there by the 30th and they sent it back. PLEASE HELP!!!

Cheryl Rivera Smith The Smith Law Firm

Re: Foreclosure help

I am afraid that verbal agreements are not enough. You need to quickly talk to the lender and see what can be worked out.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Texas