Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Texas

Overages from foreclosure sales

When a property is sold at the foreclosure auctions; sometimes, it is sold for more than is owed (minus any liens already against it). How can I find the process (in Texas) for getting this money to the former property owner (assuming any overage minus liens, legally belongs to the foreclosed on party). Thanks, in advance, for any help you can give me in this area.

Asked on 6/25/08, 12:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cheryl Rivera Smith The Smith Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Overages from foreclosure sales

You get the excess proceeds from the Trustee. Check the the foreclosure documents: Appointment of Substitute Trustee and/or Trustee's Deed for contact information.

Read more
Answered on 6/25/08, 4:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now