Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Texas

I did an owner finance loan on a mobile home and land. I want to transfer the deed and title to the new owner and I took out so much a month for property taxes. I want to give the owner a payoff that is around $600 short of what he owes me and I am wondering if I can tell the new owner to pay the property taxes of around $800. Would that be legal?

Asked on 8/31/13, 7:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Leon David L. Leon, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you all agree, then yes, you can do that. You would be wise to involve a law office or title company, to ensure it's one correctly.

For more information, please visit our website:

Also, please read our disclaimer:

Read more
Answered on 8/31/13, 6:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now