Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Texas

Property Kien

My brother & I live in Florida. He owes me $6,200.00 since 08/03 & has since not paid me. I just found out he has a piece of property in Texas & I want to see if I can put a lien on that property for payment in full. There's a neightbor currently interested in buying it. He is a commercial fisherman constantly out at sea and avoiding all his financial obligations (he alwyas has) with no intentions of settling his debt with me or anyone for that matter. This has been a nightmare for me and I'm wanting to resolve it immediately. My brother is a bum and a loser who has taken advantage of his entire family and friends. Any help or information you can provide would be helpful. I'm willing to do whatever it takes.

Asked on 8/12/04, 1:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Property Kien

You should sue him in Florida and obtain a valid judgment and then seek to enforce it in Texas. You will have to comply with Texas rules on the enforcement. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 8/12/04, 1:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now