Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Texas

I did a rent to own contract on my home. the buyers were to make the mortgage payments and pay us a minimum of $100 per month until the bank is paid off. They have made the bank payments but have missed 2 months of the equity payments to us. They are unable to finance the full sell price. What recourse do We have? Can we ask them to move and reclaim our home without a big problem?

Asked on 2/20/13, 1:20 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cheryl Rivera Smith The Smith Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should check with an attorney on this one. It may be as simple as an eviction depending on the paperwork, but if you do it wrong, it may expose you to great liability. The first step is to ask them nicely to move, explain that it isn't working out, and if they do so, great! If they refuse, you really need an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 3/25/13, 7:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now