Legal Question in Tax Law in Texas

Trying to keep from paying inheritance tax on property. My dad passed several years ago. My Mom has a house and 10 ac of land in her name. My sister has a home on this land and I have built a home on the backside of the property as well. My question is! If my mom adds us as co-owners then if she passes we already owners of the land. I just cant see paying a inheritance tax on land I already have a home on. What type of document am i looking for? What type of Lawyer do I need to contact?

Asked on 7/12/13, 8:41 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Greg Wiley Law Office of Greg Wiley PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need a tax and/or estate attorney.

Read more
Answered on 8/13/13, 6:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Tax and Taxation Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now