Texas  |  Traffic Law

Fighting a speeding ticket w/laser

Here is what happened. I was on a highway going 60 and was being tailgated by a mustang. I moved over a lane and another vehicle going very fast was coming up on me quickly so I moved over another lane. The 2 cars flew past me and a cop pulled out and pulled me over. I told him that I was not speeding (I was using cruise control) and that the one car was tailgaiting so I moved over two lanes. I told him the two cars flew by me when he said he got me on ''laser''. He said he could arrest me for not handing over my license/info, even though he had not asked for it yet. I gave him my info and he gave me a ticket for 75 in a 6o. I told him that I would contest it. He said fine, I've never lost on laser.

Do I have a chance at contesting this ticket?? I work two jobs, so if I was guily I would just pay it and be done. But I'm not. I recieved a speeding ticket about 6 months ago for 5 mph over, my first ticket in over 6 years. I took Defensive Driving, paid the fees, and took care of it. What are my other options for this ticket?