Legal Question in Traffic Law in Texas

I recently caused damage to a commercial building in Texas with my vehicle. I was looking down and didn't realize my vehicle was still in drive. I panicked and left. Two days later I called the company and tried to right my wrong. I filed an insurance claim to fix their building. I also found out that they had filed a police report on me. What legal implications are there since I tried to right my wrong?

Asked on 8/12/13, 11:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can be charged with the crime called failure to stop and give information. Since they have the information now, there is a chance that such a charge would be rejected - but it would be a righteous filing if it happened.

Read more
Answered on 8/12/13, 4:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now