Legal Question in Traffic Law in Texas

The road where I was driving on had a bunch of construction going on and the lanes were very small and as i was turning out to go into the other lane to turn my car grazed the side of another car and left a pretty big scratch..no one was hurt no one was injured , the road was full of construction and traffic, i decided to pull into a 7-11..but as i was turning in, the cop said i was leaving the scene, that i drove over a mile (of which i was not aware)..I drove because I wanted to get into an area that was fairly safe and there weren't any cars..I was feeling very disoriented..I had nothing to hide, My insurance is up to date (Geico) I have full coverage, This has never happened before, there is nothing wrong with my license, they charged me with acc inv damage vehicle >=$200 and took me to jail..i paid bail in full and got out..i have yet to receive a court date..what can i most likely expect?

Jeff Davis Davis Law Firm

Hello.

You will have to monitor your case by callign the court and ask if they filed a case against you. Some times it takes municipal courts or Precincts some time to update their database and issue a hearing date. Let us know if we can assist you with your traffic violation. www.jeffdavislawfirm.com

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Texas