Texas  |  Traffic Law

I traveled outside the US in June, 1st 2013 and contact the insurance company to change my policy to comprehensive only on June, 3rd 2013. When I left the country I parked my car and its keys in my friend’s garage “He also traveled”. In two weeks ago my neighbor found in my mail box a photo enforcement letter that showed someone used my car without I know and had “proceeding into intersection on a red light” ticket.

Now, how can I avoid the violation’s points in my records, and how can I avoid the increasing in my auto insurance because it already increased?

Answered on: 8/15/13, 4:53 pm by Cynthia Henley

It won't affect your insurance as this is considered a civil violation because they cannot prove who was driving the car. You can try talking with the judge with your proof you were out of town but the ticket is against the car, not you.

Cynthia Henley, Lawyer 7626 E. Jordan Cove Houston, TX 77055-5053