Legal Question in Traffic Law in Texas

I traveled outside the US in June, 1st 2013 and contact the insurance company to change my policy to comprehensive only on June, 3rd 2013. When I left the country I parked my car and its keys in my friend’s garage “He also traveled”. In two weeks ago my neighbor found in my mail box a photo enforcement letter that showed someone used my car without I know and had “proceeding into intersection on a red light” ticket.

Now, how can I avoid the violation’s points in my records, and how can I avoid the increasing in my auto insurance because it already increased?

Asked on 8/13/13, 5:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It won't affect your insurance as this is considered a civil violation because they cannot prove who was driving the car. You can try talking with the judge with your proof you were out of town but the ticket is against the car, not you.

Read more
Answered on 8/15/13, 4:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now