Legal Question in Veterans Law in Texas

I filed for PTSD in 1984. The VA failed to address my claim at that time but when I re-filled in 2003 they then adjudicated my claim and I draw 100% service connected effective from 2003. My initial claim date is well documented but the VA did not even send after my service records until 2003. How can I get them to address my original claim and correct the effective date?

Jill Mitchell Heard & Smith, LLP

Did you have a PTSD or other mental disability on record when you first filed? Why did they deny you the first time? Do you have service or other records of a mental disorder on record when they denied you? Do you have a copy of the original denial? If you never appealed the first denial, you may be out of luck, but it is worth looking into. Please contact me directly and I will see if I can assist you. Feel free to e-mail me at fight4veteransrights@yahoo.com. Thanks for the inquiry.

More Veterans Law questions and answers in Texas