Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Texas

death and no will

a parent passed away with no will, and left a car with no title?! what's needed to obtain a new title?

Asked on 7/08/08, 12:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Leon David L. Leon, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: death and no will

You will have to go to the county records office and obtain a copy of the title of the car. On the back of the title is a form affidavit of heirship. That should suffice to clear the title for you. If not, an attorney can usually do this for a few hundred dollars.

Read more
Answered on 7/08/08, 9:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now