Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Texas

My husband passed away recently without a will. We owned a house together, and the house has a mortgage that has not yet been paid off. We also jointly owned a small tract of land in another county together, but besides this land, my husband owned no other property and had no other debts. I am trying to refinance the mortgage, but Wells Fargo is telling me that my husband's estate needs to go through probate. I tried to do a small estate affidavit, but I was told that this would not work, because of our second property. What should I do? Thanks in advance!

Asked on 5/17/13, 9:59 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Leon David L. Leon, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I'm sorry to hear about your husband. I would have to review your husband's other assets (bank accounts? cars?) Assuming there is no other assets, I can clear title to the property using affidavits of heirship. Feel free to call or email.

For more information, please visit our website:

Also, please read our disclaimer:

Read more
Answered on 5/17/13, 10:03 pm
Donald McLeaish McLeaish&Associates;, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

excellent advice from David Leon because in practically every county in Texas, you must have a lawyer

Read more
Answered on 5/18/13, 8:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now