Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Texas

My husbands Grandma past away about a year ago. she had a will leaving one of her 2 serving children her home. 3 weeks after her passing her son that she left everything to pasted away. He had no wife and no kids. we thought it would be easy that my husband and his aunt (The only 2 family members left) would split everything. After we start everything my husbands biological grandfather shows up. I say biological because no one has herd or talked to the man in over 40 years. My husband did not even know this mans name. How can we stop him from coming in and taking away our family home?

Asked on 7/15/13, 3:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Leon David L. Leon, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I would have to read the will. There are a few issues:

1. Did grandpa and grandma divorce?

2. Was the house in grandma's name, solely?

3. Did grandma's will have a requirement that the beneficiaries survive for x number of days?

For more information, please visit our website:

Also, please read our disclaimer:

Read more
Answered on 7/15/13, 5:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now