Legal Question in Workers Comp in Texas

degenerative disc/lower back pain.

been working as a nurse for 25 yrs, responsibilities lifting pts, transferring pts and pushing beds ,recliners and stretchers as needed. i developed degenerative disc and was dx with bulging disc..seen by orthopedic doctor...wondering if i could apply for work compensation.,it's been 7 months now and i haven't apply for one..i'm being treated with chiropractor now and my lower back and sciatica pain abated...

Asked on 7/29/07, 3:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Donald McLeaish McLeaish&Associates;, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: degenerative disc/lower back pain.

If your doctor has told you the injuries was caused by your work, did you tell your employer? When did you decide the problems were work related? An employee must tell the employer within 30 days of knowing an injury is work related...or all rights are lost....If you have not made any application, contact us or any lawyer who does a lot of Texas work comp claims..and since many medical providers do not carry work comp insurance, does your employer??

Read more
Answered on 7/29/07, 5:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now