Legal Question in Workers Comp in Texas

got hurt at work employer has no workers comp. I need medical assistance surgery I have no insurance. I need to know what I can do

Robert C. Slim Attorney at Law - (214) 321-8225

If your employer has no workers compensation insurance, then they are considered a "non-subscriber." This means that you have to prove that your employer was negligent in causing your injury. It is not sufficient to merely show that you were injured while on the job. You have show that your employer did something wrong to cause the incident. However, Texas law also provides that if your employer does not carry workers compensation, then the employer loses some important common law defenses to your claims. Also, the money limits do not apply to protect your employer.

The first thing you need to do is contact an attorney and get a free consultation. We need to assess whether a claim for negligence can be made. Then, arrangements can be made to get the medical treatment you need.

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Texas

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms

Frank NatoliNatoli-Lapin, LLCNew York, NY