Legal Question in Immigration Law in United States Minor Outlying Islands

Greencard question

Hi, I recently got married and I'd like

to apply for a greencard. Thing is, me

and my spouse are still in college and

only 20, so we do not have any

financial backings or jobs for that

matter. Is it still possible for me to

apply for a greencard or does my

spouse not meet the requirements?

Thanks for your help.

Asked on 6/29/09, 10:04 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Luba Smal Smal Immigration Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Greencard question

Yes, it is possible for you to apply for a green card (permanent residency) if your husband is a USA citizen.

Because your husband's (sponsor's) income is below federal poverty guidelines, you will need to find a Joint Sponsor. A Joint sponsor can be anyone who is a USA citizen or green card holder, and whose income is sufficient to qualify them as your joint sponsor.

If you require legal assistance with this matter, you are welcome to contact me at Attorney [@]

Read more
Answered on 6/29/09, 10:11 pm
James J. White, attorney Law Offices of Smith & White, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Greencard question

You'll need to find a sponsor. It isn't too difficult as the only real issue is if you become unable to support yourself and would otherwise need to receive government assistance. If you do not have family or friends you could try becoming a regular member of a church. Contact me directly if you'd like further assistance.

At your service,

Read more
Answered on 6/29/09, 10:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in United States Minor Outlying Islands

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now