lead paint

I own a 2 family house. i don't know if there is lead paint in the house. could i still rent it to a family if they sign a waiver stating there will be no legal actions taken?

Asked on 7/02/09, 2:11 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

henry lebensbaum Law Offices of Henry Lebensbaum (978-749-3606)
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: lead paint

A waiver may not be sufficient as against a child. They can only waive the adult rights.

If you need assistance, contact me.

Read more
7/02/09, 2:13 pm
Christopher Vaughn-Martel VAUGHN-MARTEL LAW
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: lead paint

There is absolutely no waiver of the lead paint laws, or the state sanitary and other housing code laws, that I am aware of. Certainly a child cannot effectively waive his or her rights.

You should have the property tested and take whatever remedial action needs to be taken.

Read more
7/02/09, 2:39 pm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: lead paint

No. Get the unit inspected and if you need to either encapsulate the lead paint or remove it.

The Statute does not allow any such waiver to be binding.

Read more
7/02/09, 3:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in United States Minor Outlying Islands

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

87822 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now