Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Utah

I was in line at the pharmacy in Wal mart, talking to a good friend ( I'm well know in the community) when out of know where, 3 police arrested me, forced my arm- that I just had surgery on, in back of me & lead me to a room where they continued to be abusive, not letting me ask questions & accusing me of stealing & having somthing dowm my pance (which I didn't). After THROUGHLY searching me & emberrasing me in front of the pharmacy & numerous of colleagues, they realized it was a mistake, appoligized & that was it. afterwhich I was completley humilitized, loss a job contract due to a missed appointment & it's now 4:30am & i'm soo upset & emberrased I can't sleep.

Do I have any recourse?

Asked on 9/10/09, 6:25 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Alvin Lundgren Alvin R. Lundgren, L.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

File a complaint with the department and request an investigation. Try to find out on what the officers based their "probable cause" which is required before an arrest and search. File a claim for your damages with the police department. Sue for false arrest.

Read more
Answered on 9/15/09, 8:34 am
Mike Studebaker Law Office of Michael Studebaker, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

We work on cases similar to yours. Feel free to contact me.

Read more
Answered on 9/15/09, 10:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Utah

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now