Legal Question in Business Law in Utah

Bulk Sales Notices

I work for an auction co. in CA. We are having a sale in Utah soon, and I need to send a bulk sale notice in Utah as we do in CA. I see that you have a form for purchase, but I can't find anything online to suggest that Utah even has a bulk sales law, or a way to publish the notice. Is your form a viable one, recognized by the state, or simply a standard form, available for every state, whether the state actually recognizes it or not? I guess my concern is that I have no idea whether using your form will complete the requirements that Utah may or may not have involving bulk sales law.

Bryan Whipple Bryan R. R. Whipple, Attorney at Law

Re: Bulk Sales Notices

Bulk sales are covered by the Uniform Commercial Code, a version of which has been adopted in, I believe, every U.S. state. The bulk sale provisions are in Article 6,Sections 6-101 through 6-111, of the "standard" version of the UCC. Each state more or less renumbers the provisions of its version of the UCC to conform with state codification practice, e.g. California calls these sections 6101 to 6111.

Further, the language of the provisions may vary slightly (rarely, variations are large!) from state to state.

If you type in search terms in Google such as Utah, bulk sales, UCC and form, you'll find that Utah bulk sales forms seem to be available on line, including through LawGuru.

More Business Law questions and answers in Utah

Business Law Legal Forms