Legal Question in Family Law in Utah

Broken engagement

My fiance and I ended our engagement. I feel he broke many of the promises he made to me. He told me we wanted different things and he didn't love me anymore. He has obtained an attorney to get the engagement ring back. Does he have this right legally?

Asked on 4/03/03, 8:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alvin Lundgren Alvin R. Lundgren, L.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Broken engagement

Did you not accept the ring based on your promise to marry him? If you are not going to marry him, then he is entitled to the ring back. You keep your promise to marry him, then you keep the ring.

You are lucky you found out this information before you are married.

Read more
Answered on 4/03/03, 10:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Utah

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now