Legal Question in Family Law in Utah

If I originally filed for divorce in Davis County, but I now reside in Salt Lake County...where do I file modification (motion) for child support?

Asked on 10/11/13, 10:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cory Wall Cory R. Wall, Attorney at Law, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You will need to file any subsequent proceedings in the court that originally handled your divorce. However, you may be able to ask the Davis County District Court to transfer venue to Salt Lake County, provided neither you nor your ex-spouse still reside in Davis County.

Read more
Answered on 10/11/13, 4:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Utah

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now