Utah  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/02/13, 8:32 pm

which parent has more rights than the other , if there has been no court action taken by the father for custody, just his name on birth certificate. Thank you.

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/02/13, 10:12 pm by Cory Wall

If the parents are not married and there's been no formal custody order, it is basically presumed that the mother is the custodial parent. That's why it is a very good idea for the father to file a paternity action in order to get the appropriate court orders regarding custody, visitation and child support.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Cory R. Wall, Attorney at Law, P.C. 2168 E. Fort Union Blvd Salt Lake City, UT 84121

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search