Legal Question in Immigration Law in Utah

I am in the process of getting a U-Visa. In the application I mention and sent them a copy of the protective order i had.

Now I have decided to dismiss the protective order I had against my ex-boyfriend (waiting on court day to finish the process to dismiss) and the reason to this action taken is because we have a child together and I would like to give him time with his son, Would this action affect me at all, and what would the consequences be?

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

The U visa is complicated, but, generally, you need to be a victim of a crime and either were or are assisting law enforcement in the investigation or prosecution of a crime. Keep in mind that if the U visa application is denied, you may be required to depart the United States.

You can refer to this link for more information: http://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/victims-human-trafficking-other-crimes/victims-criminal-activity-u-nonimmigrant-status/questions-answers-victims-criminal-activity-u-nonimmigrant-status

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Utah