Legal Question in Legal Ethics in Utah

My fiance had a legal battle a few years ago, and we are in the process of continuing the process - however we went to the past lawyer to ask for the files of her case and old lawyer responded that he gave her file away to her past boyfriend - she did not ask anyone ever to pick up her file.

I need to know what options we have to recover from the damage he just caused - The old lawyer doesn't even have a copy of anything anymore - and gave out her entire file to a unknown stranger!

Asked on 7/26/13, 12:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alvin Lundgren Alvin R. Lundgren, L.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can file a complaint with the Utah State Bar against the old lawyer. Also you can get the critical files from the court that hosted the legal battle.

Read more
Answered on 7/28/13, 2:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility questions and answers in Utah

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now