Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Utah

"how to file a will in Utah" Also, does a transfer of ownership of an LLC need to be filed?

Asked on 8/10/13, 11:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Randy Lish Randy M. Lish, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The only you "file a will" in Utah is when you start probate proceedings with the court. You can register a will with court for safekeeping, but I have never recommended that this be done because our population in the country is too transient to make it logical. If you insist on registering a will with the county clerk for safekeeping, you just need to go down to the county clerk of the district where you live, and ask them what procedures they have in place to allow this. Each county will be a little different.

Read more
Answered on 8/12/13, 7:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Utah

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now