Virginia  |  Consumer Law

I took my car to a man to rebuild my engine. We worked out a deal and what was covered by the deal. I was to pay $1,500 up front and $500 upon completion. The job was to rebuild my engine, machine the block and heads and replace the inner workings. I was told it would take two to three weeks. It has now been close to nine months and I still don't have my car back. He broke my engine and had to get a junkyard engine to put in it. He has been telling me he needs two weeks here and two weeks there for months. He told me five weeks ago that everything was in the car except for a water neck and he was waiting for the part to arrive. As soon as it arrived he said all he had to do was put that piece in,top the car off with fluids and return it to me. after five weeks of getting this story and still not getting my car I decided to drive by and saw that my car was still in pieces and the water neck is the least of his worries. He told me months ago that I didn't owe the second payment of five hundred for my inconvenience. I'm convinced that I'm never going to get my car back. Plus i didn't give him $1,500 for a junkyard engine, it was for MY engine to be rebuilt. I don't know if I should tow my car and what pieces to the engine I can find away to a shop and spend a fortune to fix his mess and then sue him for the initial $1,500 plus the extra cost to correct his mess or If I have to continue to leave the car with him until he finishes...Which will probably years from now at this pace. The man is a liar and doesn't care about trying to fix my car. Please help... I don't know what I should do.

Answered on: 2/01/12, 8:44 am by Cary Moseley

Consult an attorney about filing suit and other remedies.

Law Office of Cary Powell Moseley, PLLC 916 Main Street, Third Floor Lynchburg, VA 24504