Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Virginia

Chapter 7/Chapter 13

I filed bankruptcy Chpt 7 in Feb of 2004. I reaffirmed a debt that I can not possibly continue to pay. Is there a way to file against this loan again, chapter 13 or is there anything at all that I can do. Please let me know as soon as possible. This loan has put alot of financial difficulty on me and my family. Thank you.

Asked on 8/15/05, 1:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard S. Stolker Uptown Law, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Chapter 7/Chapter 13

I suggest you consult a bankruptcy attorney as soon as possible. You may be able to file for relief under Chapter 13 to relieve the stress of the monthly expense that you cannot afford. In any case, do so before the new Bankruptcy Reform law takes effect in October, as it will be much more difficult for you to obtain relief under the new law.

Read more
Answered on 8/17/05, 6:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now