Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Virginia

I have a deed of trust on a persons home for a secured loan that i did and now they are filing A CHAPTER 7 BANKRUPTCY IF I HAVE THE DEED OF TRUST AS SECURITY SECONDARY LIEN HOLDER CAN THEY GET BY WITHOUT PAYING ME.

Asked on 11/23/11, 8:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Hard to say without knowing the total amount of the debt which the filer is seeking to discharge, the amount of your secured loan and that

of the first priority lienholder as well as other factors associated with the matter, but irrespective of these, you would probably still want to file a motion with

the bankruptcy trustee to lift the automatic stay and to oppose any inclusion

of your secured loan in the proposed Chapter 7 discharge.

Read more
Answered on 11/23/11, 5:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now