Legal Question in Business Law in Virginia

Payment non received for the IT Consulting Services on a cleint site project

I am an Information Technology Consultant who works on client site based on the contracts signed between the Client's Vendor Company and my Company. I am expecting a payment for my work done at a client site in Richmond VA. I joined the project based on the Purchase Order signed between the two companies where the payment terms were monthly 30 days after the invoice was submitted for my work.I worked at the client site for a month only and terminated the project as required by the client.The duration of the project was Aug 29, 2006 to Sept 29, 2006. The invoice for the payment was submitted by my company to the vendor company on Oct 2, 2006 . After that my company waited for 30 days and followed up for the payment immediately on next day after the 30 days. The Vendor company is now not responding back on payment. There is no reply to the emails or voice messages sent.

Can a legal action be taken against the vendor company based on the purchase order signed between the two companies? How long should one wait before taking any legal action? How much expenses would a company has to incur in order to take a legal action? The total payment due from the vendor company is approx $11000 to my company which is small business.Pls. advice.

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Re: Payment non received for the IT Consulting Services on a cleint site project

If they are still in business you can sue under your contract terms. Fees can be negotiated. Good luck.

Michael Stewart Michael D. Stewart

You might want to start with a letter from an attorney.

More Business Law questions and answers in Virginia

Business Law Legal Forms