Legal Question in Consumer Law in Virginia

Does buyers remorse give remorseful buyers 3 days on the purchase of services that were never rendered? I have a service contract, and the monies have been paid, and have asked for a refund before utilizing the services. I requested the refund within 52 hrs of payment and have not received a response. I asked in writing within 72 hrs and still no response.

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law

No, there is no "buyer's remorse" 72 hour grace period recognized in the

laws of the Commonwealth (absent a contract which allows for such) except for those goods and/or services purchased as a result of a direct telephone call or other electronic communication by the seller (or his agent) to the home of the buyer which results in buyer's agreement to purchase what is offered for sale in this call. Under this particular circumstance a remorseful buyer would then have basically three days to cancel the deal made as a result of this telephonic communication, per Va. Code Sec.59.1-21.1 known as the Virginia Home Solicitation Sales Act.

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Virginia

Consumer Law Legal Forms