Virginia  |  Consumer Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/01/13, 7:51 am

i have just won a judgement against the ceo/peo of a company who has refuse to give me my refund for 2 years now. i took him to court, he was not there, the judge ruled on our side. appeal time has passed and now i'm in the process of acquiring my due refund. court has the money but now the defendant called me and claimed he has lawyered up and will file a lawsuit against me in new york where he is and i'm in virginia. my hearing is on oct. 2 for the payment. he claims he no longer works for the company and thought he did admit the business is still registered under his personal address. he says that the court deducted the money from his personal bank account and not the company account we transferred the full payment to during the contract process. the account number was on the court paper we signed. is there truth to this claim. can he successfully counter sue me for damages he claims he experienced when money was wrongly deducted from his account? please advise. i'm afraid the legal aspect of this case is beyond my comprehension and i need some assistance in figuring my next steps.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search