Virginia  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/20/12, 8:32 am

a tenant sued for mold damage, and since we did not have a clause in the lease to protect us, the judge ruled in favor of the tenant. We were not aware that this went on our credit report as a bad thing. We paid the tenant directly with 4 installment certified checks, but they did not report it to the court as paid, so it's still on our credit report as a bad thing. We went to the courthouse, with copies of payment, but they would do nothing to help us. We mailed a letter with copies of the payments to the credit report people, still they refused to help. What can we do to get this to show on our credit report(s) as resolved?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search