Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Virginia

i traded a 2008 honda civic in on dec 10 2011. the dealer has not payed the loan off. now the finance co wants to put a judgement against me. what are my options?

Asked on 1/23/12, 2:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

So, what does this dealer have to say about the matter? If nothing

satisfactory, then your option is to sue him (up to $5K

in small claims court and to $25K in regular general district court if the amount is higher than $5K ).

In the meantime, you'll have to make arrangements with the finance company

to pay on the loan to avoid having a judgment rendered against you.

Read more
Answered on 1/23/12, 2:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now