Legal Question in Criminal Law in Virginia

20 year old

My son is being Discriminated against because of his race here in Chesterfield County, Virginia, If i dont do something myh 20 year old son is going to jail for 25 years ...and there was no crime..who do call ..everyone here says do not use a public defender but we cannot afford a lawyer.

Asked on 6/07/09, 10:34 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

James Bullard James A. Bullard, Jr., P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: 20 year old

There are good court appointed attorneys it depends on who you have. You should talk to your son's lawyer and see if you get a good feel. If things don't go well call some local attorneys there are wide ranges for prices of attorneys.

Read more
Answered on 6/08/09, 7:29 am
Cary Moseley Law Office of Cary Powell Moseley, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: 20 year old

Most of the public defenders and court-appointed attorneys are quite good. However, you should shop around; some good lawyers are very affordable. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 6/08/09, 7:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88563 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now