Virginia  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/27/07, 12:18 pm


Can someone appeal their sentence after pleading no contest to the crime?

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/28/07, 9:25 am by Michael E. Hendrickson

Re: Appeals

No, a plea of "nolo contendere" or no contest is legally the equivalent of a plea of guilty and may not be appealed.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Attorney & Counsellor at Law 211 North Union Street Suite 100 Alexandria, 22314

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search