Legal Question in Criminal Law in Virginia

My sister and her boyfriend had a fight ..I was not there.when I got there they were tussling.....my sister called her friend and told her what happened....her friends called the law..but when they got there..my sister did not talk to them...they questioned me and I told the what I saw.....the friend told what she knew..on the day of court the friend came and was allowedto leave without testimony...the charges was dismissed..2 days later cops picked me up saying iI lied...claim they have a tape...offering me 12 months 11months suspended..community service. If there is a tape they taped without permission...this is a bogus charge. That case was dissmised how could they cause me to have a record

Sam Moore Law Office of Samuel C. Moore, PLLC

The circumstances are not clear from your question, but I would recommend not speaking to the police about this situation and invoking your right to an attorney. Often their best evidence comes from admissions that you make after being confronted and accused of a crime. Don't convict yourself! Take the time to find a criminal defense attorney in your area and ask for a private consultation. An attorney can also give you advice about the specific charges that they may bring and the possible sentencing range.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Virginia