Virginia  |  Criminal Law

Trespassing after warned by Police Officer

After this young adult(18 almost 19)was warned by a Police Officer not to contact our 15yr old daughter in any way(by phone or in person)and a warrant was taken out the same day for contributing to a minor(drugs & alcohol - she ended up in the ER). Not more than 12 hrs later at 1:30 a.m. we were woken up by a phone call asking for our daughter and then hung up on. Not more than 20-30 minutes later our daughter was woken up by this person knocking on her window and calling her name and I was startled by this person jumping our fence on the side of the house since I couldn't sleep after being woken up at 1:30 a.m. by the phone call. Anyway, Can we have this person picked up by the Police since he was warned by the Police not to have any contact whatsoever with our daughter and he was in our backyard uninvited? Thanks so much in advance for any information.

Answered on: 7/24/01, 12:26 pm by Joseph McGrath

Re: Trespassing after warned by Police Officer

contact the officer immediatly. I am sure he will advies you to get a warrant. You may go to the J&D Court for that purpose..speak with a clerk or magistrate.

Joseph McGrath, Attorney at Law 2612 West Cary Street Richmond, VA 23220-5119