Legal Question in Discrimination Law in Virginia

I am 57 years old. I aplied for a job with and "Equal Opportunity Employer" on line on 8/4/2011. I was called for an interview on 8/19. I was told I was called for my quality experience and that I had the qualitifications for the job (When filling out the application on line I had every qualification asked for.) but "Don't get discouraged if I did'nt get that job because others would soon be open and that I could apply for those". I received a letter shortly after saying they decided to go with someone else. Another job posting appeared on 9/13/2011 which I applied for with no interview. I recently found out that they hired a female for that position who worked at the previous place of employment that I had worked. This female is around 40 (give or take a few years) with less experience than myself. I am wondering if anything can be done since I personally think it's discrimination on my behalf?

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law

No, you are without viable recourse under the facts described and applicable Virginia/federal law (in my opinion).

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in Virginia