Legal Question in Discrimination Law in Virginia

I was laid off after I filed an EEO complaint about my boss who made some derogatory comments about my pregnancy. Prior to the EEO complaint, I was told directly that I was going to be retained. I get a termination notice along with a few other people and the reason is that the requirements for our jobs were no longer there. Another group within the organization wanted to hire me but they were told that they could not hire me under any circumstances. After I left, everybody else in the group that got laid off was rehired to perform the jobs that they claimed were no longer required. As soon as I left, the EEO complaint got dropped. I have all of the evidence that proves I was terminated for retaliation, emails, meeting minutes, phone logs, notices and contracts. Why are no lawyers willing to accept my case for a lawsuit?

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law

I have no idea; seems like you may have a sustainable claim.

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in Virginia