Legal Question in Discrimination Law in Virginia

State of Virginia Regional Jail officer

An inmate made allegation againt me. The inmate stated I brought, tobbaco,crack cocaine in the jail for money. The lie detetor operation had a list of 6 question asking about contraband, receiving money from some people I do not know. I fail the test. The evidence that the jail has is cigarette lighter, empty cigarette pack, and a cigarette that appeared to have been smoke. No crack coicane has been detected. The IA officer at the facility has advise me that he was going to send the contrandband to a lab to be finger printed. I feel that the jail supended me based only on the lie detector test. The only evidence, the IA officer has, is an Inmate statement. The IA officer has not done any investigation, tangible evidence; nothing is in the order that the Inmate said it would be and it is made up. Please help me to see what grounds to stand on legally. I know , I need to contact the Commissioner!

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law

Re: State of Virginia Regional Jail officer

If you are unfairly subjected to disciplinary action based upon an inmate's false allegations, you will likely need to utilize the state's employee grievance procedure in order to challenge (and hopefully reverse)the adverse actions which have been taken against you as a state employee.

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in Virginia