Legal Question in Elder Law in Virginia

My father passed away recently due to cancer. He was on medicaid. We just recieved a letter from medicaid demadning $70,000 for services from 2004. My father had a small primary residence.

The question is, is there anything we can do to shield house to medicaid?

Any insights/tips are highly appreciated.

Asked on 12/08/09, 10:00 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No, probably not at this late stage of matters, but you might wish to consult

with an attorney who handles eldercare (including Medicaid) matters for further

advice on this particular issue.

Read more
Answered on 12/19/09, 8:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now