Virginia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/07/13, 12:55 pm

Am I allowed to change the amount of child support that my ex-husband pays me every month without returning to court? We have changed our visitation a lot since it was calculated and he is asking that I reimburse ALL of the money every month now that we are doing week on week off visitation. I was told by the child support office that it is illegal to do so as the money is not actually mine. He makes $4000 a month and I am a stay at home mom making no money.

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/07/13, 5:05 pm by Michael E. Hendrickson

Yes, I agree with the Division of Child Support Enforcement (DCSE).

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Attorney & Counsellor at Law 211 North Union Street Suite 100 Alexandria, 22314

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search