Virginia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/18/09, 6:14 pm

No assistance from DCSE

My son's father has two child support cases in two separate counties. My case is in Prince William County. He is currently in arrears $4500. He did not appear for court 1/9/09 in Prince William pertaining to my child support order. A capias was issued. However; nothing else has been done to my case since. He works jobs in which he gets paid in cash. I constantly send letters to my caseworker updating her as to where he is working. I try to provide as much information as possible but it seems like nothing is being done. I have not received any child support since July 2008. And I have NEVER received the full anount that was ordered. In the meantime, he continues to spend his money for his leisure. In addition, I have never received any assistance pertaining to the medical expense. I have a medical expense in which neither DCSE nor the Intake office (Woodbridge and Manassas) will look at. DCSE tells me that I have to take it to court. The intake offices tell me that it has to be handled by DCSE because it is an administrative order by DCSE. I have notified both Prince William and the head office in Richmond and I have NEVER received a response. What other options do I have?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search