Virginia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/22/01, 4:56 pm

Child custody agreements

My son has a divorce agreement and child custody agreement that has been going well for several years. Circumstances in his life have changed and he would like to renegotiate these agreements but hits a brick wall as far as social services goes and the courts as they all seem to be against the father. He is not a deadbeat dad. He eagerly shares in his son's upbringing and gladly supports him even doing so when they first separated and no official agreement was signed. Now he needs to renegotiate as he is going back to school, will be changing jobs or at least working different hours (so less money) and his free time to see his son will change. We can't find anyone to talk to about this since he is not the custodial parent. Who can we see? He doesn't have much money for lawyer fees either.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search