Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

If a child has been taken from parent by CPS without a court order, how do we get the child back. It was based on a phone call and child was fine

Asked on 8/02/13, 4:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You hire a Virginia attorney who understands and who has real case experience with defending folks such as yourselves against this quite often overreaching and out of touch bureaucracy which is part of the Virginia Department of Social Services (DSS) and which too often relies upon tips from unreliable sources in carrying out its designated mission which ostensibly is to protect helpless children who are allegedly being abused and/or neglected within their residential environments.

Read more
Answered on 8/02/13, 8:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now