Child support/custody & care questions
Just a few quick questions. Will try to keep it very simplified.
1. Divorce was done in VA - neither parties live there anymore. Can case be transferred to state currently residing in?
2. Joint custody - however mother and children moved with new husband overseas for 5 year military term - should full c/s be paid since he is not seeing his children?
3. Since mother has chosen not to work anymore - should c/s be adjusted or would paying father end up paying more for her choice to not work?
4. Full c/s is being pd monthly and on time. We are getting notes from teachers that the kids are coming to school dirty and smelling very badly on a regular basis. They have talked to their mother about this several times and nothing has been done to change this. Can and should this be reported as child neglect?
5. One child is failing in school and getting in trouble constantly. We are trying to get him to live with us (as that is what he wants anyways) What is the legal age for a child to decide this on their own? Do we need to go through VA to do this, or can we start paperwork here?
Any input or suggestions is very much appreciated.