Virginia  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/27/13, 6:02 am

My divorce agreement with my ex-wife states that she is entitled to 1/3 of my FERS gov't. retirement. She re-married 1 month after the divorce was final. Since she will now benefit from her new husband's retirement funds, can I legally have my divorce property agreement changed so she does not receive any of my benefits? Does she have to agree to this? We were married 22 years and she already received 1/2 of my TSP fund at the time of separation.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search