Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

Due to some problems at home my mother-in-law has asked me to sign joint custody of my children with her. I live in VA and the father and I never married----there are no existing court orders. If I do this then can she stop me from moving out of the county or state with the children?

Asked on 10/04/13, 5:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Why would you be signing any such agreement with this mother in

law who apparently has no valid legal standing in such a case?

Read more
Answered on 10/05/13, 12:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now